Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Single Girl on Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is NO fun for the Single Girl. No chocolate hearts, no flowers, no love notes.
A good friend of mine gave me a card yesterday and made me feel a lot better about the day couples created to make the Single Girl and the other single ladies feel left out.....

The inside read:

to cheap chocolate, singing stuffed animals and fat guys with wings

JUST SAY YES to martinis, shopping and doing what you love

Happy Valentine's Day


And with that I "Just Say No" to Valentine's Day : )


I did however have an interesting evening......(I'll give you a brief summary of what is going on in the Single Girl's - that me :) - "love life")

So I recently got back in contact with a guy I went to middle school with. We "dated" (whatever that is when you are 12 or 13 years old) on and off from 6th thru 8th grade. I thought he was the cats pajamas! We were always good friends regardless if our status was on or off. So he moved to another state our freshman year of high school and I probably only spoke to him once or twice after he moved. Then we found each other thru MySpace. We have been hanging out every weekend for about a month now and I, again, am crushing on this dude! WTF! We have great convo, loads of laughs, and a lot of fun together, even if it's just sitting at his house watching a movie. Now, I have slept over THREE times, but NO HANKY-PANKY going on. Not even a make-out session. I guess because I don't know where we stand. And I hesitate to ask that because I am so afraid of rejection - happens to me often. Which makes me think, we may just be friends....? WELL ANYWAYS, I think you are pretty much up to speed so back to last night.......



We ended up just staying in and watching a movie. There was A LOT of spooning and cuddling it was really nice. Like I said, we are not offically dating. While in snuggle-mood, he, in not so many words, tells me that he wanted to fool around ;). I was excited! I was ready for it, and then, I thought, we haven't even kissed yet! HUM?? Ok. So, I'll go in for it, and as I am leaning in he's not leaning towards me. So now I feel AWKWARD! I couldn't kiss him. What's going on peeps? I like this guy, and mind you had this been us back in 1997, we'd be making out all night long. But I just couldn't do it.



Let me give you a little background about yours truly, Miss Single Girl. In the past, I have had some not so great relationships. And after dating these oh so fine fellas for a while, I either don't hear from them again (as if they had fallen of the face of the earth or put in the witness protect program) or things start to shift in a different direction, or they cheat on me....so I don't have the best track record. So understand that now, I can tend to over think situations because I have had my heart broken MANY times.



So I tell him, I can't. I want to, but I can't. He leaves the bedroom, goes the bathroom, and returns a few minutes later.

And then, SILENCE .
He is now laying nowhere near me and not saying a word. As if I didn't feel awkward enough before that, Sheesh! I turn to him and say, "are you mad?" He tells me no, and I feel a tiny bit better. He offers to make me something for breakfast. I decided to just have a piece of fruit and go home, at 7:30am, and get ready to go to work for 9:00am. Although he said he wasn't mad, I still felt so weird. I asked my friends what they thought, and said I was just over thinking this. And also that the first time is usually awkward (when no alcohol is involved lol). :sigh: I heart my friends. . . but that is another blog!



He doesn't know anything about my ex-fellas and the mental issues I have inherited because of them (not really just minor dating issues. Don't want you to think I'm seriously a crazy person lol). I'm going to call him later tonight and just let him know what was going through my mind. So I'll let you know how it goes.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!
-Single Girl

1 comment:

  1. great first post! This blog is gonna be a "page" turner!

    ReplyDelete